Friday, October 26, 2012

Fruits of my Labor on Fiverr

I thought I'd post about how I'm actually doing on Fiverr these days. Now with a name like Fiverr, you'd think that one wouldn't make that much money. Well I haven't made a ton, but I have made more than I'd imagined. Over the last couple months I've gotten up to almost $100 in sales. I've created subtitles for people. Transcribed music for a wedding, for a blind lady so she could enter into a singing competition. I even for some reason transcribed a copy of a musical notation into an even messier version of itself (how strange is that?) I've written a song for a persons cat, sung a version of an SNL song, even song some childrens nursery rhymes. What I've discovered is that the people that are making it big on Fiverr, probably are doing one of three things. They live in a country where $5 dollars goes a lot farther. They are working like crazy for $5 gigs and burning out eventually or they are breaking the jobs up into smaller jobs so that it is worth it to work on. Now I believe these folks probably started out with larger jobs to get their ratings up and gradually got smaller and smaller taking advantage of the ratings so that they can get to the top of the search results. Lastly I believe that many people sell things that are really easy to deliver with minimal work. Such this as sending a tweet out for your product, sending an e-book on how to do something, or even saying someone's name or product name in a funny voice. My favorite is written your product or company name someones stomach, forehead or even their car (must be using photoshop)

So all in all, I've been working towards making many of my enter level gigs into e-books. For things that I will do manually I am looking at charging extra. Now that I've moved to level #1 I can charge extra $5 or $10 dollars on each gig, plus charge extra for speedy delivery. What I still need to do is make sure that the amount of gigs I advertise and the amount of gigs I can actually do within a given period of time makes sense. So I need to make sure my gig delivery times are longer than I original set them. If I set it up like this I might actually be able to make a decent side income and do things I find entertaining!

Check out all my gigs now at my Fiverr link

http://fiverr.com/tulleuchen

No comments:

Post a Comment